Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nap Time

We are guilty as charged! I have to admit that up until a couple of weeks ago Hunter had only taken a handful of his naps in his crib. Nana loved to hold him when she had him while I worked, Daddy longed for those naps on his chest when he returned from a week away, and I just loved the cuddle time, so none of us ever laid him down in his own bed. I realize that we could just keep doing naps in this manner but now that he is becoming more mobile, I would love to have those couple of hours a day to get some other stuff done.

I wish I could say that he has taken to this new idea right away but just like the sleep training for night time he has protested loudly and clearly at every single nap for the past few weeks. It has gotten better though! The first few days he would cry for the entire 45 minutes to an hour that we kept him in his room but now he usually goes down after about seven minutes. It hasn't been fun but I know in the end it will be worth it for all of us!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, Hunter! Hang in there Momma! It is totally worth it for YOUR sanity!!!!