Sunday, July 10, 2011

Adults Only Please

Last night Joe and I had our first overnight together without our little man. My best friend, Liz, agreed to watch Hunter for the night so that way we could get away for some rest and relaxation.

I am proud to say that I only shed a couple of tears and I was able to actually stay away for a full 24 hours! If you had told me that I would struggle with leaving my baby before he came into the world I would have literally laughed in your face. I do think it was time and a good thing for all involved.

We left the house about 11:30 on Saturday morning and headed down to the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine. We lounged by the pool all day and then enjoyed a nice steak dinner. Afterwards, we went to the Glass Cactus for a bit but quickly returned to the room for a good nights sleep.

We woke up around 8:30 and enjoyed a nice breakfast at the hotel and some pool time before heading back home. Liz reported that everything went well on the home front and that Hunter never really fussed for Mommy and Daddy which was great to hear.

I feel very blessed to have such an amazing friend that is willing to give up a Saturday night to come and care for the most important person in our lives. I cannot think of another person I would have wanted to take care of him for this first overnight stay. I was completely at ease and was able to truly relax because I knew my baby boy was in very capable, loving hands!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Good job mama! I didn't leave Jack for one night until he was 2! With Ella it came a little earlier (10 months) and it was much needed. It's hard to remember to take time for yourself after you become a mom.

linsee2 said...

I'll be happy to watch Hunter...once he's potty trained! :)