Thursday, September 16, 2010

We Survived!

We survived the first week!!!

The first couple of days Hunter spoiled us and only got up once at night and most of the time it was me waking him to eat.  But (as I have found out) this was only temporary!

The first night home was probably the hardest, not for Hunter, for me.  The plan was to have him sleep in the room next to us but that didn't last.  I think I put in a good effort, Joe might disagree, but at 1:30 AM I had had enough and the crib moved into our room.  Of course, this still wasn't good enough and by 3:30 AM he was asleep on my chest.  I always thought people were crazy when they told me that their baby slept in their rooms for the first few months but I am one of those crazies now.

A big thank you to the following for bringing us dinner the first few days we were home: The Hills, The Robinsons, The Iveys, my mom and sister.  We also have to send a big thank you to Mama Nelle who stayed with us for the first five days.  She stayed on top of the dishes, laundry, took care of the dogs and I'm sure many other things that I don't even know about. 

Our lives have definitely changed.  I will probably never sleep the same again but my heart is filled with such joy that it doesn't matter.  We have a beautiful, healthy baby boy who melts our hearts!!!

No comments: